who is ground zero?
FOUNDED IN 2017, GROUND ZERO GAMING HAS GROWN TO BECOME ONE OF THE LEADING ESPORTS ORGANISATIONS IN OCEANIA.
Ground Zero Gaming started as a local community of gamers, running esports events within Western Australia where there was a gap for players outside of the professional scene. In under three years it has risen to become the home of esports in Perth, and a recognised esports organisation in the Oceanic region.
GROUND ZERO CURRENTLY FIELDS PROFESSIONAL TEAMS IN:
IN 2019 GROUND ZERO REPRESENTED AUSTRALIAN ESPORTS, COMPETING ALL OVER THE WORLD AT:
- RLCS World Championships | New Jersey, USA
- DreamHack | Valencia, Spain
- DreamHack | Montreal, Canada
- eXTREMESLAND CS:GO ASIA | Shanghai, China
- IeSF World Championships | Kaohsiung, Taiwan
IN 2020 GROUND ZERO SHOWED THEIR ONLINE PROWESS IN AUSTRALIAN ESPORTS:
- Rocket League RLCSX Fall Event 3 | Champions
- Overwatch Contenders S2 | Champions
- Rocket League RLCSX Winter Event 1 | Champions
- Rocket League RLO Masters December | Champions
- Rocket League RLCSX Winter Event 2 | Champions
- Raised over $58,000 for Starlight Children's Foundation Australia
To promote health, both physically and mentally to ensure those involved and the children who look up to our players as idols all maintain balance in their lives.
To inspire a feeling of community, and friendly culture for everyone through social interactions and events. Esports is becoming a platform for the less sociable to interact and become part of a community they may not have felt confident enough to do so otherwise.
To educate and facilitate the benefits and best practices of esports within society, between both parents and their children, as the online and gaming community continues to expand to younger ages.